Skip to content
Who we are
- R and L live in Lyme. Their children are grown and out in the world. R is a computer software designer, a singer and a juggler. L is a rheumatologist and a performer in her own right. Their grown children and granddaughter all come back to enjoy time with their family here at the Lodge.
- F and J live in Lyme too, right on the Common. They are both actors with Broadway credits. F ran the theater and film summer workshops at Loch Lyme and J writes novels. They have two grown kids, one doing one doing a post doc with the VA and the other a DJ/producer in Los Angeles.
- C and L are retired from teaching and research (Dartmouth and Vermont Law School). They live in Vermont, just a few miles from the Lodge and are waiting until they can move to the residential lots here at the Lodge. They have four grown sons, two of whom live close by and two on the West Coast. They love it when their four grandchildren come to the Lodge for ice cream.
- J and S are the adult daughters of one of the early members of Pinnacle. They live far from NH now, but come back from time to time to spend time with us on the pond.
- D found Pinnacle and the extended C family via L and C's oldest son, his close friend of 25+ years. While D’s primary focus today is on his family and his company, he can still often be found with one or more of the C sons at Phish concert or some other musical gathering. D’s passion and expertise is in marketing and public relations. He is co-founder of two public relations agency, tech-focused Strange Brew Strategies, and Redwood Climate Communications, which focuses on clean tech and climate tech. D lives in San Francisco with his longtime partner and her daughter.
- L, who now divides her time between Florida, Seattle and Lyme, recently retired as Account Manager for a software company. She has been bringing her daughters to Loch Lyme Lodge for more than three decades, and neither can even remember a time when Loch Lyme Lodge was not an important part of their lives; they consider the Pinnacle Project members an extension of their family.
- A, G and AC live in Newton, MA. A is a lawyer and flutist and G is a molecular biologist. AC is starting college and still loves reading, soccer and the violin.
- J and E live in the District of Columbia. Both are linguists. J is a researcher at the University of Maryland and also works in career advising. E is a research scientist working in technology and language. Between them they have 4 adult children and 3 grands with whom they love to travel and to spend time fishing, swimming and making s’mores at Loch Lyme Lodge.
- While growing up, BK spent his summers in the Upper Valley(NH) while AK moved to VT after college. Both are retired high school teachers: AK in art at Hartford HS and BK in science at Hanover HS. They finished their careers in 2006 after teaching at the Shanghai American School in China for seven years. Their family includes three daughters living in New England , a son in Seattle and four grandchildren who have grown up visiting Loch Lyme. A and B live at Westwood, a cohousing community in Asheville, NC, where they stay active. AK is a figurative ceramic sculptor at the Odyssey Studio and Cooperative Gallery and BK enjoys classes at UNCA-OLLI and plays clarinet in a New Horizon band.
- J, who came to the Upper Valley from the UK, has worked until recently as a psychiatric group therapist at DHMC. She volunteers on various boards with a special focus on aging. She is happiest when her family (and yes her grandchildren) visit from Denmark.
- K and D live in Kansas where K practices with Shook, Hardy and Bacon and D is a development consultant (Faireconsulting). They lived in Vermont while K went to Vermont Law School and D worked at Dartmouth. Their sons, even as young adults, are all things sports and can be seen shooting baskets and goals and tossing frisbees when they aren’t hanging out on Post Pond.
- L and D moved to Lyme from Southern California in 2015 after they fell in love with the area when one of their daughters went to Dartmouth. While she is still active with some of her board memberships and consulting in the biotechnology field, L and D now spend more of their time hiking and skiing and, when forced inside, love to read and cook. They are learning local flora and fauna and are trying their hand at gardening (when they lived in San Diego, they created one of the largest native California Plant gardens in the area). L is very interested in balancing the various and varied goals for conserved land and loves hanging out with her children and grandchildren. She is an active member of Lyme’s Utility Club, is an enthusiastic paddle ball player, and is learning to enjoy pond swimming.
- The P family have long connections to the Lodge. G’s entire professional life has been devoted to education, primarily as a teacher of history literature, and environmental studies, but also as admissions dean in the Ivy League and later as an academic dean and college counselor on the secondary level. She is happiest when in the classroom or working with families gathered around a table to discuss the next big step in their child’s education. She spent many happy summers at Camp Quinibeck on Lake Fairlee, but even more on point for Pinnacle, her first summer job was waiting on tables at Loch Lyme Lodge, where she was known at the “swimming waitress” because of her morning swim (after serving breakfast, doing dishes, and gathering up vegetables in the garden) across the lake and back. Over the generations all of her family---parents, two brothers, former husband, children (including A and J and their twin boys) have all loved Loch Lyme and expect to continue the tradition into the next generations.
- F moved with his family from Guatemala, while A’s parents are immigrants from Canada and the U.K. They both have fond memories of small town life - enjoying close relationships with neighbors - and look forward to continuing that tradition here. They met volunteering at a primarily Spanish speaking free medical clinic while they were both still in medical school. F is a surgeon while A, who has worked full-time and part-time in Psychiatry, now enjoys being home fully with their children.
- M, a founding member of the Durham (NC) Central Park Cohousing, has family here in the Upper Valley including her sisters and her grandchildren (who attend Aloha Foundation camps). She is a traveler, a Fulbright scholar, and is now retired from NC State University, College of Design after 32 years of teaching graphic design and design history.
- J and C, another Lyme family, recently retired - J as a founder and director of Geokon, a company making high-precision instruments, and C from many years as a volunteer and board president for Good Beginnings, a local organization that pairs parents with new babies with volunteers to provide support and education. They both enjoy cycling, cross country skiing, reading, music, art and traveling. They enjoy sharing time here with their grown son and daughter, their partners and grandchildren.
- C, who teaches Anthropology, and J, who teaches Philosophy, live and work in southern California during the academic year, returning to New England every summer to be near family, friends, and favorite places. They love spending their mornings at the Lodge writing, and are happy when their two grown children and a grand are in the neighborhood.
- R and V live in San Francisco, CA. R is a lawyer, author and amateur musician on both piano and sax. V studied law and now teaches bodywork and yoga. She is also is an oil and mixed-media painter. They have grown children and grandchildren too.