Members of the Pinnacle Project agree that Pinnacle is:
- A place where friendships are important, the sense of community is strong and individual needs including that of privacy are respected.
- A place where everyone meets their own regular cooperative work commitments as a way to help build and maintain community.
- A place where members can visit or live, even into old age.
- A place where the environment, aesthetics and natural beauty receive special consideration and where agreed upon ecologically sound design standards or guides for construction are known and followed.
- A place where we will build on the existing land and physical structure.
- A place where open discussion and democratic decision making about community issues is the norm.
- A place where children are important people in the community.
- A place where passion for making the world a better place is balanced with respect for informed and thoughtful discussion while difference of opinion is valued.
- A place where diversity of background, lifestyle, career, work and family are encouraged and supported.
- A place where great, locally grown and produced food is appreciated.
- A place that will feel like “home” for members, even as they live in other places around the world.
Adopted December 2005