Pinnacle Project, LLC is a New Hampshire company, organized to created to design, build and manage a cohousing neighborhood. People become members of Pinnacle Project, LLC for many reasons. One is interest in community – whether living in Pinnacle Cohousing, or being a member of the long-term guest community of Loch Lyme Lodge, or simply being able to enjoy the property on your own schedule. Some are looking for a place to live — to raise a family or to age in their own homes, while others want a small comfortable base as they dedicate themselves to intense training programs or jobs or travel. Some want a vacation home and see Loch Lyme Lodge as the zip car of second homes, a way to enjoy a generations-long relationship with a very special place without all the demands that come from owning a cabin in NH.
Living or vacationing in the Pinnacle community helps meet a desire to reduce our environmental footprint while living in or visiting a rural setting as we preserve and support the long established and well-loved seasonal hospitality business already here, Loch Lyme Lodge.
What are the Benefits of Becoming a Pinnacle Member?
- A membership in the Pinnacle Project, LLC
- A share of stock in Loch Lyme Lodge, Inc.
- An 80% discount on all expenditures, currently capped at $500 per year
- Priority for making cabin reservations in upcoming seasons
- The ability to become a “Cabin Member”, and lease a cabin at Loch Lyme Lodge
- The ability to become a “Cohousing Member,” and build or rent a home in Pinnacle cohousing (or, once we are fully built, be on the waitlist to purchase).
- The right to spend time on the Lodge property when they want, and to swim, play tennis, walk, boat, garden, cross country ski, dine in the restaurant, etc.
- A role in managing the entire enterprise (greater or lesser depending on your interest)
- Invitations to join in workdays and potlucks, tree plantings, gardening projects.
People who join Pinnacle do not have to be each other’s “best friends”. They do have to be supportive of living in community and cooperation among neighbors. We are looking for people who value flexibility and the benefits of working cooperatively, and who are willing to contribute time and energy to the Pinnacle community as their interests and schedules allow. A sense of humor is helpful. Diversity, including diversity of ages to create an intergenerational community, is very important to us. All members must agree with Pinnacle’s vision statement, which makes it clear that a primary purpose of the Pinnacle Project is to create and support Pinnacle Cohousing as we keep Loch Lyme Lodge a healthy part of the mix.
Becoming a Member of Pinnacle Project, LLC
There are three things one must do to become a Pinnacle Member:
- Be accepted by current members. Our acceptance process requires at least one current member to recommend a proposed new member to the group. If no member already knows the proposed member well enough to make a recommendation, we will invite the proposed member to spend time with us until we come to a point where a member can make a recommendation. The members will then discuss the proposed member and make a recommendation to Pinnacle Managers, who make the final decision. The more people in the group who know the proposed member, the more informed the decision making process will be, but each current member does not need to meet a proposed member before we make a decision.
- Agree with our Vision Statement. Members have to agree with Pinnacle’s Vision Statement. New members demonstrate their agreement by signing a document making their agreement explicit. We do this before we accept a proposed member’s capital contribution. We view a conscious decision to accept the vision statement as a commitment, and like to make the time of signing a time for formal recognition and celebration of new members.
- Make a financial commitment. Managers set the level of capital contribution. To become a member now the capital contribution is $21,000. We want to be clear that our expectation is that when members leave, their capital contribution will be returned to them, under conditions set out in the member agreement. Should the members of Pinnacle ever decide sell the property, each member’s capital contributions will be returned to them only once all the mortgages and outstanding obligations are paid. Our financial records are open to all members and serious potential members, so please talk to us if you have any questions.